Pages

Search This Blog

August 23, 2012

Epson R20/R230 Adjustment Program Cannot Be Used


I shared earlier how I got my 3 units of Epson r230. I loved to use it in photo printing. You can also use it in direct PVC printing or CD label printing. I'm truly satisfied and impressed with its 6 colors combination and I never regret investing my money on it.

I maintained my own printers so I don't spend too much on repair expense. But, one problem I got so far is using the adjustment program. Whenever an error occurred saying "parts inside the printer are near the end of its service life", It bothers me. The adjustment program seems to work flawlessly when I first used it but after a few months, it cannot be used anymore. I wonder why it is. 

Few days ago, I've been searching over the internet for effective guide in using R230 adjustment program without error but those links did not really solve my problem. Until yesterday, I again tried to search once more for guide in using adjustment program without any issue. At last I found the best link, very informative steps in using the adjustment without error. And through this post, I would like to give credit on him by sharing with you the link and I hope it will work for those who need this program badly.

You may try this steps I learned. 

  1. Open my computer, look for the drive (destination) where the adjustment program was installed then delete the folder
  2. Then, edit the registry (click Start> click run >type regedit>) 
  3. Under the registry: Look for HKey_Local_Machine>Software>Epson>Printer And delete Epson printer R230 series folder.
  4. change the date usually Jan 12, 2006
  5. Disable anti-virus
  6. Open the adjustment program without any issue
If not, then you may go directly to his site.

No comments: