Pages

Search This Blog

December 15, 2013

Canon MP287 Alarm Lights Steady But No Power



I have 2 units of Canon MP287  3 in 1 printer. The old one continually flashing error E05 as both ink cartridges are not recognize because of a damage on the flat cable ribbon connecting the ink cart and logic board.

The new one I bought few months ago reached its printing limit meaning "Ink Absorber is Full" flashing an error code P08. So I need to reset the printer.

Unfortunately, I can't reset the printer though I properly followed the correct procedure of resetting the unit. Then after so many attempt, another error appears which is P07 which refers to ink cartridges not properly place. But no matter how hard I tried to re-seat the cartridges the problem still there. And when I tried to reset the unit again the alarm light steadily appear and there's no light on POWER button.

I suspect that there is a serious problem inside the printer and search for additional information regarding the error. I've been dealing with this matter over a week now but afraid of removing the logic board since I'm not sure about it. I was able to find a concrete idea behind this error through some forums and a video uploaded on YouTube. Some said the problem lies with what they called "logic board". 

So I thought of replacing the logic board with the one from the old unit of the same model thinking of this as the main problem. After a few hours, I did replace the logic board and did able to bring it back to a normal operation by resetting the unit first. Well, there's no harm in trying unless we're not sure how to do it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such nice information!! You can find more products at affordable price in Splashjet.co.in.Splashjet is one of the best Printing technology. Splashjet offers wide range of products for desktop and LFP inkjet printers. For more information about ciss ink Visit Splashjet Today.