Pages

Search This Blog

December 11, 2013

Operating System Not Found On ASUS K8-VVM

When I turn on the computer to check it, an error appears saying "No operating system found". I restarted the computer and go the same line. 

There are two solutions that flash in my mind. First, to find a software that will let you boot the computer and fix the error and second, to format it thoroughly to minimize the troubleshooting effort. 

In fact, formatting a computer doesn't waste a lot of time compared to troubleshooting with particular error. However, it takes time only when you want to back-up or copy those files in the drive by enslaving it with the use of another computer. You can format it without hesitation if those files are not really important. After all, formatting a computer takes only two to three hours depending on certain computers or any hardware of software issue.

Anyway, files are not important so I format it directly. While in the process of doing so, I came to a selection of which partition should be use. I found out that both partitions were "unknown" similar to what I've encountered with some hard disk error which are damaged by third party software or by a virus. 

You can check hard disk stability with third-party software like regenerators etc. In this case, no click sounds or crashing happens during the format. And the formatting goes very well and I was able to install everything and the computer opens normally resolving the problem without taking a lot of time unlike finding the root cause.



No comments: