Pages

Search This Blog

October 08, 2012

Experimenting Waste Inks For Use With Canon 3in1

The use of continuous ink system has helped me a lot to save money. In fact, I've been using Cuyi brand (a Korean made inks) for almost 4 years now. No regrets or whatsoever. Unlike before, I use to have only original inks supplied by printer's manufacturer or another replacement which was too expensive for personal use. A 100 ml bottle can be use for months or more for printing or photocopying purposes. There's no worry everytime cartridges run out of inks. You can fill empty tanks anytime you want and there's no hassle in doing.

Last week, I tried to figure out if I can still use that inks (dye inks) coming-out from the printer to the waste ink tanks for I already saved a lot of it for years. Beside, I already used it to refilled Pilot Pentel pens. I never thought of saving it several years ago and usually drain it down to the dishwashing area. In short, I want to recycle wasted inks again for use with the printer. Will it be possible? Yeah, probably! Anyway, if it damaged the printer head then normally, just buy a new one and never do it again to avoid headache. I would consider it as "charge to experience".

This week, I did what I decided to do - take the risk and learn from it. Wasted inks which turns into black are mixed colors (4 colors) pumped out during nozzle cleaning and head cleaning. We know the fact that everytime we perform maintenance like head cleaning, certain amount of inks is lost during the process and it's not bad with the of use continuous inks system. Remember, only a black ink is produced this way.

So, I refilled back that wasted inks (recycled) to the black ink tanks of Canon 3in1 printer. Almost 50 ml of it had been poured back to the black ink tank mixed with a small amount of pure black inks together. Then I tried to test the printer if it goes well. So far, for almost a week now the printer is working just fine. Photocopying and printing documents is quite good enough and clear.

This time, no more wasted inks. And I'm happy to know that it is possible to recycle wasted inks from printers.

No comments: