Pages

Search This Blog

July 29, 2012

Kbdus.dll Error Not Solved



A friend asked me to install MS Office 2007. He had a 2003 version installed but not working so we tried to upgrade the said version. While in the process of upgrading, the computer suddenly restart and the upgrade did not work. So we decided to remove the 2003 version to fresh install 2007 but the problem worsen. We could not install anymore. And I thought there might something bad with either the hard disk, the memory, the processor, the board, the BIOS or a virus keeps the computer restart/shutdown when performing an installation.

Troubleshooting seems the hardest part whenever a computer got a problem. The worse if it is uncommon  which will take a lot of effort to resolve. It does not only takes an hour or a day and you might end up wasting a lot of time. That's how bad it be.

When you hear a single beep sound a computer boots normally it means the board is in good condition together with the processor and the memory. And so I thought the hard disk is the problem. To check, I tried the hard disk to another computer , formatted and installed fresh copy of Windows XP and it works. So there's no problem regarding the HDD. But, when I put it back again to its original case (hoping it will work) - it won't work. Right there, I decided to format it again and try installing windows but an error occurred of which it say's "Setup cannot load the keyboard layout kbdus.dll". Microsoft suggested two ways to resolve it but did not help.

I attempted many times to format the hard disk but I failed. I don't think there's an issue with the CD installer and CD ROM. So I guess, I got a serious issue with that keyboard error and need learn more about it.

How to solve kbus.dll error?

Let's make an experimentation. What about swapping a hard disk drive from another computer that completely work when the other don't work around? It sounds good and I guess it will work since I've done it several times before.  

So, I used another hard disk from another computer which had everything installed in it. I fired the computer on and finally, It work! After the windows open, it proceeded to update any hardware drivers and no need to install MS 2007 already since it was included there.

As a reminder, this post did work for me and I hope will work with you too. But I understand also, that it may not work with others due to differences in motherboard specifications or model.

No comments: